July 1, 2014

Mr. & Mrs.

We are now officially Mr. & Mrs.!!!!  The last 2 weeks have just been amazing.  It is hard to even decide where to start in sharing all of our wedding excitement and stories. :)  I know there is just no way for me to cover all of it in one post, so I'll break it up a bit.  Also because I don't have our wedding pics back from the photographer yet and I want to be able to share those when I post about the wedding day itself!

So the night before our wedding Alan's parents offered to do a rehearsal dinner of sorts.  Not really any rehearsal needed, but it worked out well to get our families together to introduce everyone and just enjoy for a bit. We opted to do it at the church pavilion in AF next to the temple (his brother's church house).  The weather was nice and not too hot which worked out well.  Alan's parent's made a great dinner for everyone!  They spent hours and hours making pulled pork, chicken, homemade buns, and BBQ baked beans.  Then we had other pitch in side salads and drinks.  It was a yummy meal and the pulled pork was a huge hit!  We had about 35 people there between both our families and it was great. :)

After dinner everyone headed home as the plan was to be able to get a good nights rest before the wedding.  Yeah.....this didn't happen so much for me and Alan! (shocker, right?) We got home and helped with the cleanup of the dutch ovens and such for dinner, as well as finished packing our suitcases for the weekend.  We both climbed in to bed by around 10:00.  About 11:00 I finally gave in and decided to get out of bed as sleep just wasn't coming.  I made my way downstairs and made some tea in hopes of settling my stomach a bit and relaxing myself.  I sat with Alan's mom as she watched some TV while I drank my tea.....yet I still wasn't ready for sleep.  I took a break to sit on the front porch for a bit by this time, and finally around midnight decided to try to sleep again.  I think sometime around 12:30 I finally was able to fall asleep......until around 3:30 that is. lol!  From then until 6:00 I was in and out of sleep until I finally just got up.  When Alan woke up the next morning I told him that I was glad one of us got some sleep last night, to which he laughed and told me had woken up like "37 times" and could hardly sleep at all. I guess it was a restless night for both of us. :)

The wedding morning came and we were up and running pretty early!  I wanted to make sure I felt relaxed and not rushed, so I got up a bit earlier than normal.  I was sure glad I did.  To my complete surprise, my (truely incredible) Aunt Marva showed up around 7:00 or so to make me and Alan breakfast on our wedding day!  Yeah, this lady right here.......the most incredible aunt and friend anyone could ever ask for:


She showed up, made me cry, and then proceeded to make us waffles with fresh strawberries and cool whip along with bacon and orange juice.  It was absolutely delicious, and special to me for a reason only a few know.  I can honestly say she is one of the most thoughtful and caring people I know.  She truely made that morning memorable for me.

Alan and I then finshed getting ready and loading up the car with the wedding supplies.  Around 8:30 most of my family showed up at our house to help carry our centerpieces over to the library (where we had our wedding). By 9:00 Alan's sister Cathy came to help me finish getting ready and loaded up and then took me over to the library where everyone else already was at getting set up.

And now......the end of this post. :)  I will post all about the wedding day itself once I get the pics back from the photographer.....but here is one I have already that she gave us as a "sneak peak" :)  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment