November 3, 2014

Pregnancy Week 10



Week 10
Ok, so it’s really week 11 as I get to updating for week 10, but that’s ok.  Last week was a busy one!  We chose then to let all our family and friends know of our exciting news.  It didn’t work out quite as well as we had planned, and we had to make some last minute adjustments, but everyone found out in the end.

Thursday night (a few days before I was officially 10 weeks) we ended up telling my brother Greg and his fiancé Andrea.  They were going to be unable to make it to the family event Friday night, so we told them then.  We told them by showing them the “early birthday present” we were giving my dad the next night.  When they caught on, they were stunned and so happy for us!  It was such a wonderful and truly happy moment for us, they were so happy for us.   The next night on Friday, we had told my other two brothers that I had an early birthday present for dad and wanted them to be there when I gave it to him too.  So Friday night Zac, CJ, Trevor, me, and Alan all showed up at dad’s house. He had no idea why. Haha.  Then I told him I had an early present for him and went out to the car to get it.  I came back in and handed it to him.  It was a wall hanging that said “Grandkids make life grand” with small clothes pins attached to the bottom for pictures to be held with.  I had included pictures of all his grandkids, with the last picture being our ultrasound pic that said “Baby Hubbs – May 2015”.  It didn’t take him long at all to catch on!!!  He jumped out of his chair yelling “Really?!” and hugging me as he continue to celebrate, yelling things like “Wahoo!”.   He was so excited, it was awesome.  My brothers had all figured it out by this time too, and came to hug both me and Alan and tell us congrats.  Alan and I discussed it later, and by the reactions of one brother, we think they may be trying to get prego too, and I think the news was somewhat harder to hear.  We think, anyway. 

The next night on Saturday we told Alan’s brother and sister.  Shana ended up coming over to our house early for our game night (set up so we could tell them), and walked upstairs to surprise Alan.  Well, I hadn’t expected people upstairs, and the ultrasound was lying out.  She saw it, and by the time I made it home, she already knew.  She was also very excited and it was fun to talk to her about it all night.  Jon ended up being much later than expected to game night, but when he got there, we had Alan wearing his shirt that said “This guy is going to be a daddy”.  Jon only took a few minutes to read the shirt, and then yelled at Alan for lying to him the previous week. Lol!  Jon had asked Alan on their way to school one day, but Alan lied as we weren’t quite ready to tell people yet.  He was also very happy for us. We then had our nieces Aubrey and Brinlee call their mom (Liz) at work to tell her.  We put Liz on speaker phone and Aubrey said to her “Guess what mom?  I’m going to have a baby cousin!”  It was awesome.  Liz was so excited for us.  She came over later that night after work and gave us big hugs.

The next day was Sunday, the day I was officially 10 weeks.  We called Alan’s parents as we were driving up to Salt Lake for my family dinner.  We texted them a picture of Alan wearing his shirt, and asked them to check their texts.  Alan’s dad saw the text, but couldn’t read the shirt without his glasses on, so he asked Janet to read it for him.  So we got to hear her read it out loud and hear their reaction as it was happening. It was awesome.   We then got to chat with them for a little bit as we drove, and his sister Susan and her family also heard the news.  They were full of questions and very supportive!  As soon as we ended that call we called Alan’s sister Cathy.  We just went ahead and told her on the phone, and she too was very excited.  She has read my blog where I’ve shared my feelings on wanting to be a mom, and us trying, so she truly felt how excited we were for this.  She was sincerely happy for us at this time.  We hung up with her and headed in to my family dinner.

We had Alan wearing his shirt again, but a jacket on over it.  We walked in, chatted, and sat down to play games along with everyone else, who was already there.  They were just about to start charades, so it was perfect when they told Alan to go first.  He said he had to “go get a prop” and walked in to the other room.  Really, he was just taking his jacket off.  He walked back in, and my cousin Alyssa immediately read his shirt out loud, not really sure what she was reading.  Everyone then looked at him, read his shirt, and started yelling things like “What?! Really?!”  I was then rushed by family members yelling, excited, and wanting to hug us! It was awesome!  My Aunt Jenny was soooo happy, as I knew she would be.  It was so much fun to tell our families in the way we did.  After we had left dinner, we had 2 family members left to tell.  We attempted to call my Aunt Marva who couldn’t make dinner, but got voicemail.  So we called Alan’s other brother Rob.  We got him and his wife Ami on the phone and told them both at the same time.   They too were truly happy for us and this amazing moment in our lives.  We chatted for a bit with them and then hung up.   By the time we got home we had Aunt Marva on the phone, and I got to tell her.  She cried and was so happy for me.  Aunt Marva and Aunt Jenny are two of the few people who know how long I’ve wanted a baby and knew how truly exciting it was for us.

So there we go….all the family told, and all very excited for us.  The rest of week 10 consisted of posting our news on FaceBook.  Me still feeling sick and starting to throw up again, and beginning to feel a bit dizzy at times.  We also continue to be SUPER behind with housework like dishes, cleaning bathrooms, etc.   I managed to make another home-made meal thanks to a new, easy enchilada recipe from my friend.  And Alan, seeing how behind we were with housework, came up with an idea to pay our sister-in-law Liz to come help clean a few times a week.  She currently goes and helps Ami with a few things a week, and who doesn’t need extra money, right?  So Alan and Jon talked and worked it out, and Liz agreed.  Then, Liz and I talked and actually worked it all out afterwards. Lol!  At first I said no to the help, as it made me feel lazy and like I wasn’t doing what I should.  But let’s be honest, I’m sick, and exhausted right now.  Even making dinner is an accomplishment for me.  So we settled on her coming twice a week right now to help with dishes, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and cleaning bathrooms.  She came one time this week, and it was amazing.   Week 10 held much excitement for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment