Week 9
This week began much better than last! The medicine for nausea the doctor gave me is
definitely helping. My stomach still
feels ‘uneasy’ all the time, but at least I’m not wanting to throw up all day
long. And seriously…..the burping. Have
I mentioned this unflattering new occurrence yet? Well if I haven’t, it started from about day
1. I honestly have to burp all the
time. I mean All. The. Time. I was never like this before, and it’s
irritating! My hope is that this too
shall pass after the first trimester.
I finally made a home cooked dinner this week again
too. Starting at about week 6 I just got
so sick I couldn’t stomach the thought of standing at a stove with food. So
we’ve got about 3 weeks of eating out or microwave cooked meals. But yesterday Alan was craving spaghetti, and
given how amazing he has been helping out with cleaning and laundry with me not
feeling well, I did my best to satisfy.
I managed to get the meal made, and it tasted pretty good too.
Alan. Let’s talk
about this wonderful man of mine. He has
been so amazing. Once he understood how
miserable I was feeling every day, he really stepped up. And let me tell you, it means a lot. He is crazy busy with work right now, and has
school on top of that. When he first started school I was still feeling ok, and
had no issues doing the dishes, cleaning, laundry, etc by myself. But again, come week 6, I was just down and
out. This last week he has helped out so
much at the house it has made a huge difference. And he’s patient with my food
aversions/cravings, crazy burping, and all the other weird side effects that
come along with your first trimester. I
got me a good one folks.
And finally, this week we prepare to tell our families we
are expecting. We have fun little ways
we plan to tell people and Saturday night will be our first announcement. We plan by the end of the day on Sunday to
have told our immediate families, and then next week we can figure out telling
our friends, etc. Planning all of these
announcements is definitely fun, but it scares me at the same time. I’ll be 10 weeks by the time we tell people,
but there are still so many things that could go wrong after then. I worry about miscarriages, and it seems so
many people I know lately are having stillborn babies, it scares me. I just hope and pray all turns out well and
this little one inside of me stays safe and healthy up to delivery day.
No comments:
Post a Comment