August 27, 2014
Today I finally got brave enough to take an at-home
pregnancy test; Three days after I was “late”.
I waited until Alan had left for work and took the test without him
knowing. I didn’t want us both to be disappointed if the test said no, as it
had many times before. I went in to the
bathroom and did the test. Within about
30 seconds I saw the results…..2 lines. 2 lines meant pregnant!!!!! Wait, I read it correctly, right? 2 lines
meant pregnant?? I stared at the test making sure I had read it correctly. I
did. I started to cry the happiest tears
of my life. I then did this happy
cry/laugh/disbelief thing for a few minutes.
Then I worried I had misread it again. I pulled the box back out and
looked at the instructions in the box again. Yes, 2 lines meant pregnant. Ok, I read it correctly, I was
PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!! The next 20 minutes I
just cried and laughed and couldn’t believe it.
Our months of trying had finally worked!
We were pregnant! I finally
remembered I still had to go to work that day and pulled myself together. I put the pregnancy test in my sock drawer so
I knew Alan wouldn’t see it yet and proceeded to get ready for work.
Once at work I started planning how I could tell Alan. I looked up hundreds of ideas online. I figured after work while he was at school I
would drive to Babies R Us and get a little onesie that said something about
‘daddy’ and give Alan a present when he got home that night. Yep, that is what I was going to do. Until about 11:00 that is. It was almost lunch time and I could not hold
in the excitement any longer! I decided
I would tell him when we went home at lunch time.
Lunch time came and we drove home to eat as normal. We got home, started making our sandwiches,
he was talking about work. I said I
needed to go to the bathroom, but also needed to go upstairs to get my
chapstick to take back to work. I went
upstairs while he finished lunches. I
got the pregnancy test from my drawer and tucked it in to my pocket. I went back down, helped finish the lunches,
and he took his over to the couch to sit and eat. Before he turned on the TV though, I walked
over and said “Honey, before we turn the TV on, I think we need to take some
time to talk about our budget again and where we have money going. He said OK and looked at me. I pulled the pregnancy test out of my pocket
and handed it to him as I said “And this is why”.
He took the test, not realizing what it was quite yet. He looked at it, and kept looking at it. After about a minute or two his eyes started
to fill with tears and he said “No freaking way”. He then looked up at me, and he cried his own
happy tears as he pulled me to an incredible hug. As we hugged we both cried our own happy
tears, party in shock it had finally happened.
We couldn’t believe it, we were finally going to be parents!!! We pulled apart and talked about some
pregnancy things, which I can’t quite remember all of. I told him my estimated due date, he asked
how accurate the at home tests were, and we decided to wait until I was at
least 10 weeks to tell anyone. Easily
one of the happiest moments of our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment