November 3, 2014

Pregnancy Week 8



Week 8
Well this week started off horrible!  I got up Monday morning for work, threw up twice before work, and it was so bad it gave me a horrible headache from all the pressure.  I ended up coming in 30 minutes late to work as I needed some time to pull myself together. (Thank goodness I told my boss last week I was prego so he’d understand why I was struggling in the mornings!)  I made it a whole 90 minutes before I couldn’t take it any longer and went home.  My intentions were to go home, sleep the headache and nausea off, then come back to work in 2 hours (ish).  I got home, immediately fell on the couch, pulled a blanket over my eyes, and went to sleep.  Starting then for the next 3 ½ hours I just slept on the couch.  I woke briefly when Alan came home to make lunch, and he gave me a cold rag for my head, then back to sleep I went.  By the time I woke up, the headache was manageable, but I still felt horrible and couldn’t get any food down.  I opted to stay home from work the rest of the day.
Then came Tuesday.  Our first doctor appointment!!  Still feeling very nauseous, but able to keep down some food, I went in to work as normal.  Alan and I left for a late lunch and headed off to the appointment.  First stop in the appointment was to do the ultrasound!!!  I am not far enough along to do the belly ultrasound yet, so they did a vaginal one.  It was AMAZING!  We saw our little baby!  We got to hear the little heartbeat and see it beating on the screen!  They took some pictures and checked a few things, and we were done.  Alan and I were both so happy to see that little heartbeat!  Words cannot describe.  The next stop was to see the doctor. (Ok, there was a urine sample in there too, but, eww.) Alan I went in and got to talk to the doctor and ask all of our questions.  Alan also met my doctor for the first time, and good news, he likes him too.  The doctor did a quick exam and a PAP and sent us on our way.  We then got to get a “new baby” bag with all sorts of goodies I haven’t yet looked through, they gave us a book about pregnancy (how nice!) and then they took my blood for all the standard tests.  We set up our next appointment and we were on our way.  What an amazing experience.  Our little one is confirmed.  There is a heartbeat.  Baby is just a little tiny dot in my stomach right now, and if you ask Alan, looks like a frog on the ultrasound.   Oh, and good news, I got a prescription for some nausea medicine!  Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment